Wednesday 28 November 2012

WEDDING BELLS


For some reasons, the “ember” months are always filled with weddings and events. I have been to countless weddings this season. While some were well organized, others came with a little drama.
Here are some pics of me heading out to a friend’s wedding a month ago.
I wore an orange mono strap chiffon gown designed by CLAUDS.





Well, of all the weddings I attended, am going to talk about my two favorite. First up my cousin Isaac’s wedding.This wedding was real special to me because I got to see my family and relatives I hadn’t seen in years. Whenever there is a family wedding, all my relatives from far and wide come together, it’s always a big family re-union.  The weekend was filled with laughter and funny tales with each person having their own tale to tell. I was part of the bridal train and we wore blue mono strap satin gowns. It was a really beautiful wedding.





     
 Next is my friend’s wedding. I was also part of the bridal train and we wore gold satin sleeveless shift gowns with red heels. This wedding had a little drama at the beginning and almost did not hold. It started with us arriving in church, the guests were already seated, and we awaited the signal for the walking of the bride down the aisle. Suddenly the priest came up and announced that the wedding has been cancelled !!!!.  Jaw dropping right ?  We were all shocked and bemused. As to the reason why, apparently the groom has been married before, filed for a divorce, but his wife refused.  After years of fighting for a divorce in court to no avail, he decided to remarry anyways.  But on the wedding day, with information from an unknown source, the wife called the church and ordered for the marriage not to hold, insisting that she is still married to the man. She presented her wedding certificate and other documents as proof. With this information, being a church with high moral values and standard, the church decided to cancel the wedding. Finally after much confusions and arguments, another pastor was brought to conduct the wedding on the reception ground. Despite the initial drama it turned out to be a beautiful wedding. My only disappointment was that I couldn't catch the bouquet. 
Now my question is: in your own opinion, who was wrong?
·        The man for trying to re-marry without properly ending his first marriage?
  
·         The first wife for refusing to let the man go after years of fighting for a divorce?                                                                                                                                                                                          
·        The new bride for marrying a man whose divorce settlement has not been finalized?                                                                                                                                       
·        Or the church for ending the wedding in that manner.    

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comment!
    Why you can't follow me? Maybe you have clean your record from your Internet browser.
    You can follow me in facebook if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour!

    http://www.le-young.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfits, cute couple.
    As for the other couple, why no picture of them? LOL
    Hubby and wifey are both wrong. They should have made sure they settled things legally before "attempting" to go to the altar.

    *hugs*
    ~Maudleen
    www.dafashionfreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love d dress,especially d color!jez d appropriate accessories.less drama,clean makeup.Very classy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm I think the man should have completely disolved his previous marriage before fixing a date for another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm I think the man should have completely disolved his previous marriage before fixing a date for another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both couples α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ wrong. I don't blame the other woman for she's right by her actions. α̲̅πϑ for your friend what kind ø̲̣̣̥f̶̲̥̅̊ marriage those she think she's going into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahahah! Ws reading dis and ws like OMG! Is dis real, like in d movies. Well, d thing is all three wre caught in a dilemma. D choices dey had to make wre too difficult. I'm not disputing all three wre wrong. WOW love dis drama! Wish I was dere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plus u always kno hw to rock colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a scene from the movies!! No blames, the origin of the story isn't known. Nice orange gown maam! kinda reminds me of the johan cruyff led dutch team with their beauty and finesse in one package.;)
    Ebony & Ivory looking cool and a lovely couple aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice outfit#luv d orange dress,makeup perfect.... Ur blog is so on point

    ReplyDelete
  12. You chic lady!;-)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your outfit, it so onpoint with your look. As for the couple, I think the husband got it wrong, I don't envy your friend @ all, I don't think she is married yet. As long as his man is still legally married to another woman, anything can happen. I wish them best of luck. Very colorful blog. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice one
    Twitter handle:@lolitaramirez01

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahahahahaha can't stop laughing, gracey this blog is awesome, buh I blame both the man for not properly divorcing his wife and his wife for not letting go....buh all d same nice one gracey

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, all this sounds quite interesting! The color of the dress is pretty. I am also finding the ideas for dressing up for my sister’s wedding. It will be a spring inspired ceremony at one of the prettiest Chicago event venues. I am sure that you can share some decent ideas! Looking forward to your reply.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by people, please don't forget to leave a comment.
Kisses.
Gracielle.